At West King Edward Animal Clinic (WKEAC) our veterinary team is extremely thorough, and we strive to offer the best primary care to all our patients. Our focus is on preventative medicine which is specific to the life stage of your pet. This includes an annual Health exam where your pet will receive a complete physical exam and possibly age appropriate diagnostic tests to screen for early signs of disease. Examples of early screening tests include a blood or urine test, or a blood pressure check.
If your pet is due for their annual vaccinations these may be done at the annual exam as well.
Patients with health-related concerns based on their physical exam may be recommended to do more advanced diagnostics. Patients with ongoing illnesses can be expected to make more frequent visits to the vet for continued monitoring and follow-up.
Animal Wellness and Preventative Care
- Complete physical exam - once or twice a year depending on patients age
- International Health Exams
- Parasite Control
- Weight and Nutrition management
- New Puppy and Kitten exams
- Senior pet exams and screening tests
- Dental disease prevention
- Dental cleaning and surgery procedures
- Dental x-rays
- Diets, tooth brushes and pet toothpaste
- Common and elective procedures:
- Spays and neuters
- Dental extraction
- Wound repairs
- Lump removals and biopsy
- Cystotomy (bladder stone removal)
- And many more!
- Comprehensive blood and urine tests
- Digital X-rays (full body and dental)
- In house cytology, faecal and some blood tests
- Ultrasound (cardiac, abdominal, other)
- Full in clinic pharmacy with a wide range of medications
- Pick up at time of visit
- Special order if not in stock
- 24-hour notice for Prescription refills (if we have to order medication in, require 3-5days)
- Diets - Puppy, Adult and Senior Diets
- Specific Diets formulated for different conditions/illnesses
- Treats - low fat, hypoallergenic etc
- Multi-vitamins and other dietary supplements
- Shampoos and coat care
- Ear cleaner
- Oral/teeth care products
- Nutraceuticals - joint support, skin support, digestive support, liver support, anti-anxiety/stress products
- Flea and internal/external parasite preventatives
- *Other products can be made available upon request/ special order
Our aim is to get patients home as quickly and comfortably as possible, but if further procedures or diagnostics are required, day hospitalization is sometimes necessary. Patients will not be kept after hours, if overnight monitoring is required, transfer to an ICU facility will be arranged
We encourage adoption and honour SPCA/ other adoption certificates where applicable
We recognize this as one of the most difficult decisions for a pet owner. Our veterinarians use a variety of methods to help determine your pet’s quality of life and how to help improve this, and assess whether your pet is in pain or suffering.
If you reach the decision to euthanize your pet based on circumstances surrounding your pet and it’s illness and condition, we will embark on this together and ensure a peaceful, pain free release.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions regarding the above information, for more details on any of the services we offer or with any other questions you may have.